What Information Do We Collect?
We collect certain information you provide to us when using BabyDating, such as when you create an account and profile, send us an email or post information or other content to BabyDating. We collect certain personal information, like your name, picture, email address and phone number, as well as certain non-identifying information, like your gender, birthday and postcode. We will also collect the contact information of your friends, if you choose to connect your contacts and address book information with BabyDating and your login credentials to your social network accounts, such as Facebook, Twitter, and Google, if you choose to connect those accounts with your BabyDating account.
We also automatically collect certain information when you use BabyDating, such as a device identifier (but not the UDID), MAC address, Internet Protocol (IP) address (if using a browser), operating system, the browser type, the address of a referring site and your activity on BabyDating. We do NOT collect your GPS location/coordinates.
We may also automatically collect certain information through the use of “cookies”. These are small files that your browser places on your computer. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies to better understand how you interact with our services, to monitor aggregate usage by our users and web traffic routing on our services, and to improve our services. Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies. You can instruct your browser, by editing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit.
How Do We Use the Information We Collect?
We use the information collected through BabyDating for the purposes described below:
- To provide our services or information you request, and to process and complete any transactions;
- To respond to your emails, submissions, questions, comments, requests, and complaints and provide customer service;
- To monitor and analyse usage and trends, and to personalise and improve BabyDating and your experiences when you use BabyDating, such as providing content or features that match your profile or interests (including ads), and to increase the functionality and user friendliness of our services;
- To send you confirmations, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages and otherwise facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, our services;
- To find and connect with your friends (when instructed by you);
- To let your friends know about your updates on BabyDating;
- For any other purpose for which the information was collected.
What Information Do We Share With Third Parties?
We will not share the personal information we have collected from you, except as described below:
- With your friends on BabyDating with whom you want to share your updates on BabyDating, and according to the preferences set in your account;
- With certain social networking services, if you allow such sharing through our services;
- With service providers who are working with us in connection with the operation of our site or our services (these service providers have access to your personal information only to perform services on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose it or use it for any other purposes);
- We may share aggregated information and non-identifiable information with third parties for industry analysis, demographic profiling and other similar purposes;
- When you give us your consent to do so, including if we notify you that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information;
- When we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorised or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants or court orders;
Links to Other Sites
What Steps Do We Take To Protect Your Information Online?
We take reasonable measures to protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Please be aware, however, that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse.
Accessing and Modifying Your Information
If you have an account, you can access and modify the personal information you provided us that is associated with your account. You may “opt out” of receiving marketing or promotional emails from us by changing your account preferences or by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out of these messages, you will still receive emails from us, about your account, our services and other pertinent information related to our services. These communications are considered part of the service and your account, which you cannot opt-out from receiving.